Result? Result

Semester 1
Click on the image to have a clearer view

Well well, hello there peeps. 
Just take a look at my result slip. So, care to hear my explanations to why I got such result? Here goes.

Let us first look at the number one subject. Critical Thinking. Well, honestly, this is one of my least favourite subjects. I mean, come on. Just look at the name of the subject itself. I hate it because I have to admit that I am not a critical thinker. Well, I thought I am. I assumed I was a critical thinker as I used to participate in debates. I still remember what my trainer used to tell me,

"Always think critically. That's the only way for you to become an unbeatable debater"

So, I said to myself. This course would be a piece of cake -- since I pretty much have the experience of thinking critically. But then again, I was totally wrong. I couldn't handle how this subject demands the students to always and always think critically. I dont know why, but I just have this impression of, whatever that is written in an established book of the respective subject, that is the answer to all of the problems. Again, dead wrong. It does not only demand the students to think for themselves, we also have to come up with our own views. That, to me, is nothing but difficult. I pressured myself to not always go by the books. But I still ended up referring to all the information in the book. Thus, a B- for me.

Let us also look at another interesting subject. Introduction to Language and Linguistics. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, a subject, that I almost failed. Yes, you read it right. Failed. Almost, failed. But I ended up with an A-. How amazing is that? Hah! Not to brag or anything, but come on! I made an epic comeback! Totally!

The story goes like this.
We had our first test. It carries a total mark of 25. Guess what? I only managed to score 12 out of 25. 12. Yes. Twelve. Oh how I was speechless. I broke down that very night. Even the lecturer were surprised to see my result. She told me she was disappointed. She asked me to step it up. Because if not, I'll end up failing the course. That really did it for me. I felt sick to my stomach. The only thing that keeps running in my mind is,

"I cant fail. I cant fail. I cant fail"

So, that very night, I pulled myself together and told myself to stop crying over spilt milk and just wake up! Wake up and save your ass. If you yourself wont do it, who else?

Finally, I managed to get an A-. Frankly speaking, I nailed my final exam. I can say that I managed to answer all of the questions on the paper perfectly. Thankfully, I knew the answers. I dont know whether I just got lucky, or I studied hard enough to have to know all the answers. Nonetheless, I am very much grateful for being able to get a much desired result for this subject.

To sum it all up, I'm pretty much proud of myself. For I am able to achieve such results. Even after all the "series of unfortunate events". Fights, a break-up, a make-up, almost flunking a subject, epic comeback. One too many to list it all down.

All in all, I'm happy with my result, though I know, I can do wayyy better. Wayyy better than this. Well, I have 5 more semesters to prove this to myself. 

Motivated,
The "Number 13"

No comments: